Vehicle Theft is gaining control over a vehicle with the intent to deprive the owner of the vehicle. The following are ways to deter vehicle theft:
1. Never leave your car running and unattended.
2. Never leave your keys in the vehicle or in the ignition.
3. Always secure your vehicle by putting up all windows and locking the doors.
4. Do not leave items of value in plain view.
5. Park in busy, well lit areas when shopping.
6. Do not leave personal identification documents (i.e. credit cards, bank statements, etc.) within your vehicle.
7. Keep your Tag Number and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available in case of theft.