Domestic Violence

1. Reports taken for Domestic Violence incidents will be filed under the Victim’s name.  Even if the victim does not with to pursue criminal charges, the state mandates an arrest be made if evidence exists to substantiate a domestic violence claim.

2. Details of the reported crime may be made public.  The Allen County Sheriff’s Office participates in press releases for incidents such as Domestic Violence.

3. To apply for benefits from the Crime Victims Compensation Fund, you must file an application and meet the following criteria:

– The domestic violence incident must be reported to your respective law enforcement agency where the crime was committed within 72 hours, unless it is determined cause existed to delay reporting the crime.

– The applicant must be cooperative with the investigating law enforcement agency.  We understand a domestic violence incident is a stressful event, but your cooperation is needed to best provide the services you need.

– The applicant must file a claim with the Crime Victims Compensation Board within 1 calendar year of the crime.

– Economic loss (with the exception of sexual assault incidents) must exceed $100.00.

Important Contact Information

Allen County Regional Hospital (Emergency Department) – 620.365.1185
Hope Unlimited – 620.365.7566 (business hours) – 620.365.1437 (after hours)
Crisis Hotline – 1.888.END.ABUSE
Crime Victims Compensation Fund – 785.296.2359
Kansas Department of Children and Families Hotline – 1.800.922.5330
Southeast Kansas Mental Health (Iola) – 620.365.5717
Southeast Kansas Mental Health (Humboldt) – 620.473.2241
Southeast Kansas Mental Health (Chanute) – 620.431.7890
Allen County Sheriff’s Office – 620.365.1400
Iola Police Department – 620.365.4960
Humboldt Police Department – 620.473.2341
Allen County Communications (911) – 620.365.1437
Allen County Attorney’s Office – 620.365.1420